Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vegan Baked Applesauce - Frozen style

The heat this whole week has been a stinker.
I don't mind dry heat, but when I'm sweating while sitting and doing nothing, I have a problem with that.... that's just nasty.
So, to cool myself off while having a treat, I chose to make baked applesauce.
And although turning on the oven while it's sweltering may seem contradictory to my idea to cool off, the end result is worth it... I promise.

I preheated the oven to 415° F - pulled out all the ingredients I thought would make for a yummy applesauce. 
Mind you, because this was a last minute idea because of the gross, humid heat, I kinda threw things together sans a recipe.


Cored the apple and a little water in the baking dish.


Baked for 35-40 mins - till it was browned and splitting.


Cut in half immediately and put it in my food processor. It cuts up faster when it's fresh, super hot out of the oven.


Blended it up a bit, then added the yummies, then continued to blend it all together. I personally like texture and chunk, so I left my applesauce a bit chunky.



Once you're happy with the consistency, transfer to a container with a lid and place in the freezer. Let it chill for at least 3-4 hours.

It's the perfect, healthy, cold snack for a cold day... and for the hot days, just eat it after the food processor. 
It was soooo ridiculously yummy and [ridiculously] easy to make. Make it in the afternoon and have it as a guiltless dessert.

Enjoy!
.xoxo.
kylie rae


Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 apple
2 packets of Stevia (or any other organic, raw, or healthy sugar/sugar substitute)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 dark chocolate cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
A splash of purified water

Directions:
1) Core Apple - place in baking dish with 1/2 teaspoon water
2) Bake 35-40 mins - till golden brown and splitting
3) Cut in half and place in food processor
4) Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder, stevia, vanilla, salt and water - blend until you get the desired consistency 
5) Transfer to freezable container with lid
6) Freeze for at least 3-4 hours
7) Enjoy your yummy creation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment